It’s time for the weekly news roundup of what’s happening in Glutenland — Glutonia — Celiacville — Glutenopolis.. um, you get it.
[dropcap]H[/dropcap]ey there! Hope you don’t mind, this roundup’s a day late this week. I attended the Celiac Awareness Tour yesterday and it was fun sampling all those gluten-free treats and listening to Jennifer Fugo speak. Check out their website to see if they’re coming to a town near you!
- “If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is”. Remember that saying? Read GlutenDude’s post on the Gluten Relief Scam, the magic pill that’s supposed to cure Celiac Disease.
- If you’re interested in helping The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center plan ICDS 2013 you can take their survey here.
- While we’re talking about the Celiac Disease Center, did you know they have a free care package program for people newly diagnosed with Celiac Disease? I wish I knew about this when I was diagnosed!
- The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness announces gluten-free credentialing to address widespread confusion in the restaurant industry. Pretty exciting, huh?
- Speaking of progress, the major food chain Giant has added a tagging system which labels which foods are gluten-free. Before you get too excited, though, realize that they are just tagging items based on the manufacturer’s own label. I emailed them about it this week, you can read their response here. I still think the tags are great, and will save some time — just remember to always read the labels, just in case!
- Palm Trees and Gluten Free writes about her experience at a Carnival filled with gluten-y treats. I’m sure we can all relate to this. She also daydreams up the perfect Celiac Carnival spread. What carnival foods would you add?
- If you have plans to travel, you may want to avoid Delta Airlines until they get their act together regarding food sensitivities.
And now for the Pinterest Pick of the Week…
Doesn’t that look lovely? Like little sunshine cakes. Get the recipe for Gluten-Free Lemon Pancakes here.
Have you heard anything interesting this week?